Modell stadtbummel

Dear Diary,

We are always searching for original Kathe Kruse outfits for me but we never find any. Once in a while, we might find a  pair of shoes, but that's it. This is so different from many of the other dolls made around the same time and a bit later. Original factory-made clothes for composition and hard plastic dolls made by R&B, F&B, Madame Alexander and etc can still be found. Even original outfits for antique bisque, porcelain and china dolls are available for sale. But, nothing for Kathe Kruse in the German Child size. There are probably a lot of reasons for their scarcity but I wish it were different. We like originals!

To make up for this lack - and to keep me a well-dressed boy - we tried to find people to make clothes for me. Unfortunately, that didn't work out at all. So, mein Vati took to knitting for me and even sewing some outfits. This met some of the need but was very limited by his amateur sewing.

Now, we have a new problem. The other day he explained to me that he has lost a significant amount of his vision and therefore sewing is no longer an option. In fact, in August he sold the sewing machine and the serger/overlocker. He had to give away all the paper patterns, too. He struggles with the knitting but said that he would try to knit me something nice for Christmas but it wasn't a promise.

To make up for it, he gave me his credit card and told me to take a look online to see if I could find some boy doll clothes which would fit me. That is like looking for a needle in a haystack! And, the probability of finding something is slim to none. But, what the heck - I wasn't busy so I gave it a go. I wasn't very hopeful but one never knows...


And, what do you know - I found 2 outfits from Germany made by the Kathe Kruse doll company and just for the 52cm Deutsches Kind! It appears that KK Co is making new clothes to fit both the new and the vintage Kathe Kruse dolls. They were a bit dear but since I don't buy much, Vati told me to go ahead and purchase them. They were from a lovely seller who speaks English (thankfully!) and was very helpful.


This is the first outfit called 'Stadtbummel' which means City Stroll in German.



It comes in a gauze like fabric garment bag with a zippered bottom. The hanger has Kathe Kruse painted on it.


The fit of the trousers is perfect. There is no velcro only a popper. The back has an elastic band to make dressing easier.

Here is a real pocket!

The quality of these outfits is outstanding. Real button with button holes, the jacket is lined, there are actual pockets and no velcro. The jacket is tagged Kathe Kruse. The only issue is the crotch is too tight, preventing me from sitting down in these trousers. Oh well, a small price to pay for such lovely clothes.

Here I am, looking fantastic:




I love my new clothes and I hope the company makes more. I think it's a clever idea to make outfits for both the old and new dolls. I wonder if it will catch on with KK enthusiasts?

Hans

Popular posts from this blog

Dolls & lizards?

His lordship, lord todd wadley

Leaving New Zealand behind