A suiting wardrobe

Dear Diary,

Jesse:  I suppose most everyone with dolls and their extra clothing struggles with storage of the latter.  I have tried all kinds of things: plastic containers both large and flat, doll trunks, suitcases, dressers both large and small, doll wardrobes and others I've forgotten.  But, none have really been all that satisfactory. The chief reason for my dissatisfaction has been that doll clothes are small and I like to keep everything in strict order: jumpers with jumpers, trousers with trousers, jackets with jackets and separated from coats, dress shirts with dress shirts and not with casual shirts - you get the picture.  Keeping everything organised and yet easily accessed challenges me constantly.  I do not like to dig very far down in a drawer or container to find something. Each boy who lives here has his own small dresser but even these drawers are too deep for my satisfaction.  

When Hans arrived, I knew I needed something better.  As luck would have it, I discovered this piece of furniture in a local antique shop.  I knew immediately that this would work nicely as the drawers are not deep and so I could find different articles of clothing easily.  The drawers remind me a lot of the old fashioned department stores in the men's wear department.  Behind the counter there were rows of these type of drawers which held merchandise such as handkerchiefs, gloves, underwear, ties and shirts.  Every time I visited this shop, I coveted this piece of furniture, assuming wrongly that it was to display store merchandise and not for sale.  Imagine my delight when I accidentally discovered the price tag on it.  It went home with me the same day! 




The dimensions are:

  • Overall:  Height 100 cm x width 70 cm x depth 45


  • Drawers: Height 9 cm - 12 cm graduation front to back x width 33 cm x depth 35 cm


Here you can see how easy it is to access clothes.  The front sides slope upwards from the from to the back, making it even easier to find, select and retrieve items.



Hans doesn't have a lot of things to wear yet but he does have some jumpers.  See how nicely they fit and how practical this wardrobe is.

I have my eye on another one - if I can talk the person into selling it to me.

Just for kicks, here is how I store doll shoes.  This is one of several cases of Angelo's footwear.  Sadly, there are several more cases just for him.  And, then there are those cases for the other dolls...!



Popular posts from this blog

Dolls & lizards?

His lordship, lord todd wadley

Leaving New Zealand behind