Mystery solved; questions remain

Dear Diary,

Jesse: You may remember some time back when I reported that all of Angelo's shoes had disappeared.  At that time I had made many thorough searches of our house, including two trips to the attic.  Sadly, I was unable to find his footwear.

Last weekend, we decided that we needed to clear out some of the things in the attic before the ceiling cave in.  I brought down lots of very large plastic storage containers and we happily decided that since we had forgotten the things inside were even still around, we didn't need to keep them.  In one large box there was an assortment of things, from clothes to kitchenalia.  At the bottom was a white plastic bag and inside - Angelo's shoes! I would not have been able to see them when I looked through the sides of the clear plastic boxes.  I was delighted (and relieved to find them) but for the life of me I have absolutely no idea how this box came to be put into a plastic bag and then put into the bottom of a storage box in the attic.  It just doesn't seem possible but it's the fact.

Angelo is absolutely over the moon about having his shoes back.  As we went through them we discovered we had more pairs of JJ shoes than we remembered (a very nice surprise).

"With heaven as my witness I swear I'll never be shoeless again!" (with apologies to Scarlett O'Hara in 'Gone With the Wind'.)
We're all agreed that Angelo needs more shoes but there's no hurry now.

Comments

  1. Isn't it strange how things turn up when you least expect them to and when you are searching for, or clearing out something entirely different?! Great news about finding your shoes - would love to see them all sometime! I love JJ shoes, especially her 'Henry's Boots' as they ended up being called after she made me a pair for my first trip to NZ.

    Your friend,

    Henry :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Henry, We are all still amazed and puzzled by it all. I, for one, am so happy to have my footgear back. I will wear them for photos as time goes on. I love my JJ shoes, too. I am always looking for good sources of quality shoes for me. Your friend, Angelo

      Delete
  2. Hi Angelo, I'm glad your dad found your shoes, its ok not to wear any when your at home but you really do need some when playing football as the ball can really hurt your toes when you kick it! We have loads of shoes here, there mainly for the girls but mum makes sure that each of us boys have a pair of boots, trainers, sandals and school shoes each. Gotta go, Trendon just came in with a cake and I don't want to miss out.
    Talk to you soon
    Virgil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Virgil, It sounds like your mum takes good care of you by providing the necessary footwear. A boy just has to have the proper shoes! Cake? Yummy! Your friend, Angelo

      Delete
  3. What a relief to find your shoes Angelo, I am sure you are pleased. Our boys don't have nearly enough pairs of shoes, the girls have more pairs than the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why is it that girls have the more shoes than us boys? Unfair, I say! We like fashion, too, you know. My papa laments the same situation with knitting patterns - all the creative and interesting garments are for females and the males get the same old recycled designs year after year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry taken me a while to catch up - lots of things (not so good) have been happening here of late.

      I quite agree about the patterns and shoes - it is so frustrating!

      Henry

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Portrait

Tux and tails